Commemorating The Life of Prof Narend Baijnath.
This coming Friday, 1 July 2022, the Council on Higher Education (CHE), the University of South Africa (UNISA), and the University of Johannesburg (…
Doctoral Degrees National Report
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) and The National Research Foundation (NRF) have since 2017 been engaged in an undertaking to review the quality…
First Announcement: Higher Education Conference
Higher Education Conference Theme: Promoting access to, and success in postgraduate studies. Click on the following link for more details: …
1 What elements make up the NQF?
The NQF is a single integrated system which comprises three elements:
- General and further education and training - this element incorporates schools and FET colleges
- Higher education - this element includes universities, universities of technology
- Trades and occupations - this element involves workplace learning and skills development such as learnership
2 What is the NQF and how will it be of benefit to me?
The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements;
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths;
- enhance the quality of education and training;
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities.