News & Announcements
Call for Nomination of Members of the Committees of the Council on Higher Education (CHE)
Click here to access teh full document: Call for nominations of members of the HRRC, ICTCoC and HEQC.pdf
Celebrating Dr Louie Swanepoel
April 14th, 2023 marks the beginning of an exciting chapter, a well-deserved retirement and the celebration of a 42-year-long career for Dr Louie…
Communiqué 3 of 2023: Correcting inaccurate information about the Council on Higher Education aired on the Black Pen podcast
Communiqué 3 of 2023: Correcting inaccurate information about the Council on Higher Education aired on the Black Pen podcast - Click here to access…
1 What elements make up the NQF?
The NQF is a single integrated system which comprises three elements:
- General and further education and training - this element incorporates schools and FET colleges
- Higher education - this element includes universities, universities of technology
- Trades and occupations - this element involves workplace learning and skills development such as learnership
2 What is the NQF and how will it be of benefit to me?
The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements;
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths;
- enhance the quality of education and training;
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities.