Research Colloquium: Re-imagining Higher Education Post Covid-19 Pandemic
The objectives of the Research Colloquium are to: engage with the presentation and the critical response; and critically explore discourses on…
Publication Release: Draft qualification standards statement for the Diploma in Emergency Care for public comment.
The CHE announces the publication of a draft qualification standard statement for the Diploma in Emergency Care for public comment. Communique 2 of…
BrieflySpeaking - Extended Programmes with an Integrated Foundation Phase: Theoretical considerations for curriculum design
BrieflySpeaking - Extended Programmes with an Integrated Foundation Phase: Theoretical considerations for curriculum design Download BrieflySpeaking…
1 What elements make up the NQF?
The NQF is a single integrated system which comprises three elements:
- General and further education and training - this element incorporates schools and FET colleges
- Higher education - this element includes universities, universities of technology
- Trades and occupations - this element involves workplace learning and skills development such as learnership
2 What is the NQF and how will it be of benefit to me?
The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements;
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths;
- enhance the quality of education and training;
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities.