Appointment of a new Council for the CHE
It gives the Council on Higher Education (CHE) great pleasure to announce that the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Dr BE…
CHE Statement on the murder of Mr M Vesele of the University of Fort Hare
CHE Statement on the murder of Mr M Vesele of the University of Fort Hare. Access the full statement below: CHE Statement 10 January 2023_Murder…
BrieflySpeaking No 23 A Reflection on Two Decades of Programme Differentiation in Higher Education in South Africa
A Reflection on Two Decades of Programme Differentiation in Higher Education in South Africa One of the goals of the post-apartheid higher…
1 What elements make up the NQF?
The NQF is a single integrated system which comprises three elements:
- General and further education and training - this element incorporates schools and FET colleges
- Higher education - this element includes universities, universities of technology
- Trades and occupations - this element involves workplace learning and skills development such as learnership
2 What is the NQF and how will it be of benefit to me?
The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements;
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths;
- enhance the quality of education and training;
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities.