Communiqué 10 of 2023 - Draft Implementation Protocols for the External Quality Assurance Functions in the Quality Assurance Framework: For public comment
To: All higher education stakeholders and interested persons Subject: Draft Implementation Protocols for the External Quality Assurance…
SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: CHE HIGHER EDUCATION CONFERENCE: 28 FEBRUARY TO 1 MARCH 2024
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) is a statutory body established in terms of the provision of section 4 of the Higher Education Act No. 101 of…
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS AND BEYOND OF THE CHE HISTORY
The past and future of the CHE came together in celebration of the organisation’s 25th anniversary. It was an auspicious evening where the rich…
1 What elements make up the NQF?
The NQF is a single integrated system which comprises three elements:
- General and further education and training - this element incorporates schools and FET colleges
- Higher education - this element includes universities, universities of technology
- Trades and occupations - this element involves workplace learning and skills development such as learnership
2 What is the NQF and how will it be of benefit to me?
The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements;
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths;
- enhance the quality of education and training;
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities.