BrieflySpeaking NO. 22 New Higher Education Institutional Types in South Africa: A Missed Opportunity for Articulation and Differentiation?
Find the latest BrieflySpeaking No. 22 - New Higher Education Institutional Types in South Africa: A Missed Opportunity for Articulation and…
Save the date - 28 September 2022: Launch of the National Review of Doctoral Qualifications
Save the date - 28 September 2022: Launch of the National Review of Doctoral Qualifications Click here to access full details: Doctoral Review.pdf
Request for written submissions on the Higher Education Qualification Sub-Framework (HEQSF) Review Report
As part of the review of the HEQSF the CHE wishes to invite education and training providers and other key stakeholders to make submissions about the…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications