News & Announcements
Call for Nomination of Members of the Committees of the Council on Higher Education (CHE)
Click here to access teh full document: Call for nominations of members of the HRRC, ICTCoC and HEQC.pdf
Celebrating Dr Louie Swanepoel
April 14th, 2023 marks the beginning of an exciting chapter, a well-deserved retirement and the celebration of a 42-year-long career for Dr Louie…
CHE Statement: Clarification of the accreditation status of “Immanuel University/Institute of Theology”
CHE Statement: Clarification of the accreditation status of “Immanuel University/Institute of Theology” - Click here to access and download: CHE…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications