Commemorating The Life of Prof Narend Baijnath.
This coming Friday, 1 July 2022, the Council on Higher Education (CHE), the University of South Africa (UNISA), and the University of Johannesburg (…
Doctoral Degrees National Report
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) and The National Research Foundation (NRF) have since 2017 been engaged in an undertaking to review the quality…
First Announcement: Higher Education Conference
Higher Education Conference Theme: Promoting access to, and success in postgraduate studies. Click on the following link for more details: …
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications