Public Announcement - Bachelor of Pharmacy
The CHE announces the publication of draft qualification standard statement for the Bachelor of Pharmacy for public comment. The expanded CHE mandate…
Staff Experience of, and Perspectives on Teaching and Learning and its Future Survey Report (SEP-TLF)
The Council on Higher Education (CHE), Universities South Africa (USAf), and the University of the Free State (UFS) initiated the Staff Experience of…
Briefly Speaking Number 18 Problematising student feedback to incorporate the ethics and rigour of academic research
Student feedback is increasingly being collected and analysed as a mechanism for assuring the quality of teaching and learning in higher education…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications