News & Announcements
Communiqué 2 of 2023 - Offering of microcredentials by higher education institutions
Rapid developments on microcredentials as viable, flexible, responsive learning opportunities are taking place globally. In reimagining their higher…
Call for Nomination of Co-opted Members of the Board of the Council on Higher Education (CHE)
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) is an independent statutory body established by the Higher Education Act, No. 101 of 1997, as amended. It is…
CHE 2021/2022 Annual Report Newsletter
Click on the following link to access and download CHE's 2021/2022 Annual Report Newsletter: CHE 202122 Annual Report Newsletter (2).pdf
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications