16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women & Children
In 1991, the 16 Days of Activism Campaign was initiated as the scourge of violence against women and children proliferated. Friday, the 25th of…
CHE SPECIAL EDITION: A PRIVILEGE TO BE CALLED UPON, SAYS A CHE PIONEER
In this Special Edition, Professor Mala Singh who has served with the CHE for 25 years shared a poignant account of how the CHE was formed. Click…
SPECIAL EDITION: THE CHE SHOULD NOT ONLY SURVIVE, IT MUST SUCCEED.
Professor Themba Mosia served in the CHE Council from 15 July 2013 to 14 July 2022 as the Council Chairperson. In this feature article, he shares…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications