Research Colloquium: Re-imagining Higher Education Post Covid-19 Pandemic
The objectives of the Research Colloquium are to: engage with the presentation and the critical response; and critically explore discourses on…
Publication Release: Draft qualification standards statement for the Diploma in Emergency Care for public comment.
The CHE announces the publication of a draft qualification standard statement for the Diploma in Emergency Care for public comment. Communique 2 of…
BrieflySpeaking - Extended Programmes with an Integrated Foundation Phase: Theoretical considerations for curriculum design
BrieflySpeaking - Extended Programmes with an Integrated Foundation Phase: Theoretical considerations for curriculum design Download BrieflySpeaking…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications