BrieflySpeaking Number 25 - Models of Postgraduate Supervision and the Need for a Research-rich Culture
Find our latest publication BrieflySpeaking No. 25 titled "Models of Postgraduate Supervision and the Need for a Research-rich Culture" Click here…
Communiqué 6 of 2023 - Clarification of the accreditation status of the SADC University of African Medicine programmes
Communiqué 6 of 2023 To: All higher education stakeholders and interested persons Subject: Clarification of the accreditation status of the SADC…
First Announcement: CHE Higher Education Conference: 28 February to 1 March 2024
Higher Education Conference: 28 February to 1 March 2024 First Announcement The Council on Higher Education (CHE) is a statutory body established…
1 What are SAQA's objectives?
SAQA's objectives are to:
- Advance the objectives of the NQF;
- Oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and
- Co-ordinate the elements within the NQF
2 What is the role of SAQA?
SAQA together with the three Quality Councils (QCs) must seek to advance the objectives of the NQF by:
- Developing, fostering and maintaining an integrated and transparent national framework for the recognition of learning achievements;
- Ensuring that South African qualifications meet appropriate criteria, determined by the Minister of Education and are internationally comparable; and
- Ensuring that South African qualifications are of an acceptable quality.
- Communicating the NQF to the public
- Facilitating research initiatives and disseminating the outcomes thereof
- Evaluating foreign qualifications